Welcome to Mashroo3i Youth Business AwardsMashroo3i Youth Business Awards engages young Bahrainis in an attractive business plan competition. It is designed to help contestants learn all about making business plans and prototypes and to inspire them to choose business as an option for their future careers. Every year we receive a huge number of applications, which needs to be shortlisted. For this reason, we try to get as much information as possible at this stage, to assist the selection committee in making the right decision. Before applying for the competition, please make sure to carefully read and accept the rules and guidelines below and then you can start filling out your application by pressing on “Next” icon below which will take you through the following steps:
- Submission of team members’ details and team leader appointment
- Completing the Business Idea template
- Submission of a short video (not more than 60 seconds) - optional
Participation Rules & GuidelinesThe following are the basic rules and guidelines established for Mashroo3i Youth Business Awards competition. All participants must adhere to these rules and guidelines in order to remain eligible.
- Entries are restricted to Bahraini youth in university level or aged between 18 to 30 years
- Participate as a team of 2 – 5 members. In case the team is not yet finalized, you can still submit your application as a single team member, but you will only be eligible to attend the mentors’ interviews as a team of 2 - 5 members
- Participants from different colleges & universities as well as graduates can participate
- Last years’ participants in Mashroo3i can also register but only with new business concepts. Except for the Previous 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in order to give the chance to as many participants as possible
- Only one business idea allowed per team
- All entries must be submitted on or before 3rd of May 2018, 11:59PM. Late entries will not be accepted
- Each team member should upload a copy of his/her CPR card
- There are no submission fees or costs to enter Mashroo3i
- All ideas or business concepts must be legal, within the boundaries of the Kingdom of Bahrain laws, and ethics. This competition is meant to encourage the actual implementation of youth-run businesses
- Projects selling the following list of products/services are not allowed to participate in the competition:
- Actual selling of Pets. Services related to pets are allowed
- Flammable Products
- Makeup Services
- Salon Services
- Note: Food-related businesses can be submitted as concepts but not as actual products
- All decisions of entries into the competition are made by Mashroo3i Selection Committee and are final
- By submitting your business idea, you consent to participating in the Mashroo3i and you have no objections to Tamkeen using your images or video in future assignments
- Once shortlisted, all participating team members must attend all training sessions and be present at their exhibition booths at all times
Team members’ details & team leader appointmentIn this stage you will form the team you will enter the competition with. Please make sure to fill out all below details for each team member, keeping in mind that each team must consist of 2-5 people and that the team leader will be the main point of contact throughout the entire competition. In case the team is not yet finalised, you can still submit your application as a single team member. Yet you will only be eligible to attend the mentors’ interviews as a team of 2 to 5 members.
Business Idea SubmissionExplain to Mashroo3i selection committee all about your intriguing business idea! Consider the accompanying layout to be an outline of your thought, where you get the opportunity to demonstrate your vision.
Video Submission (optional)We live in a multimedia world. This is your chance to showcase your idea and your presentation skills! Using video show us who you are and what your business is about. In this step you have the option to submit a maximum of 60 seconds video describing your business idea and how it will impact your community. Keep in mind that this video will give you a higher chance to be shortlisted as your idea will be clearly explained in it. Please follow the bellow guidelines when recording your video:
- One of the team members must appear in the video presenting the business idea
- You are free to use visual tools, such as videos, interviews, statistics or slideshows to explain the business concept
- The video shouldn’t be more than 60 seconds long
Thank you for your interest in participating in Mashroo3i Youth Business Awards. We really appreciate the time you took to fill out the application form!
In case you are selected for the competition, you will be contacted personally through the numbers you provided in your application and by email. We would also recommend that you regularly check Mashroo3i’s website as it will be constantly updated with the contestants’ development and progress throughout the competition phases.